Thursday, July 28, 2005

Dog Fudge Surprise

If your dog pooed in the house, where would you want him to go? My first choice would be the actual toilet; minimum fuss, all you do is flush! (Was that a false rhyme? Neato!) Actually, if my dog was smart enough to do that he'd probably be smart enough to flush, too. Even better!

I went to great lengths to house train my dog when he was a pup, and he never goes in the house unless something goes badly wrong. Something must have gone wrong because today I woke up to dog fudge surprise. Cisco didn't use my first choice of place for him to go, but he did "doo" "number 2" in my number 2 choice of place for the dog to go inside the house; the bathtub. I know, I know, it seems so gross. But it is much simpler to clean poo in the tub than poo on the rug (hey there's another one of those almost-rhymes-thingies. I'll be freestyle rapping in no time!). By the way, this is one of those times I am glad I have a small dog, if you know what I mean. Apparently the poor pooch was sick because, he also barfed on the carpet. I guess he felt it was somehow wrong to barf and poo in the same spot. Dog logic.

It was a stressful day and by this afternoon I was exhausted from cleaning the house, doing a little laundry and taking both my parents to early back-to-back doctor's appointments. I didn't get much animation work done today, though I did watch this week's eCritique again and got some questions ready for the video Q&A with mentor Charles Alleneck who was in Star Wars. Okay, he wasn't in Star Wars, but he did animate characters in Eps. 2 and 3...same difference. Even though I was tired I tried to bring a little energy to the session so my questions didn't put the other kids in the class to sleep. I always enjoy the Q&As because I enjoy the privilege of interacting with the mentors. They all just seem like cool people you'd want to hang out with besides giving us expert animation advice. Plus my mentor was in Star Wars.

No comments: