Monday, August 22, 2005

I'm About to Become World Famous! (US Only)


Well, not really. And only in the US. And only if you read the credits.

After more than a year of sales meetings and several months of post post-production "enhancement" tweaks by the distrubutor, my friend John's movie "Fugitive Hunter" (which has nothing to do with the game of the same name) is about to be released on DVD by Lion's Gate Films! Woo! And thus my first ever feature film screen credit is realized! Yay! Plus, woo!

Originally titled, "End of the Law" and renamed by LGF's marketing, the micro-budget film marks John's feature directorial debut, and co-stars my other friend, Roger!

The movie is available now for pre-order on Amazon.com, BestBuy.com and dozens of other online retailers, and will be released September 13! We found the best pre-order pricing on DeepDiscountDVD.com.

My screen credit for the movie is titles designer; I designed and produced the main titles and end credit crawl. I also did a simple but essential visual effect for the film, creating a series of muzzle flashes that were composited with the live action to enhance scenes with gunfire! BANG!

As if that wasn't cool enough, barring any last-minute snafoos (I have not seen the final DVD master), my short segment of the audio commentary made the DVD! Yay! I'm right on there with the composer, director of photography, producer and director! For some reason, LGF marketing material doesn't mention the audio commentary, or the 5.1 DOLBY DIGITAL mix (only the 2.0 mix is listed). But they're there!

The only bummer is all the marketing graphics I made were completely redone by LGF. Looks like they just wanted a bunch of color, and a helicopter, which my versions of the posters didn't have. Seems like they stole some elements of my concept, using the same main photo I used for the teaser poster, and putting the badge in the background (mine) (theirs). Oh well.

Be sure to check out Fugitive Hunter when it arrives 09/13/05!

2 comments:

eneries said...

Oooh! That's so awesome Kenny! Your (mine) isn't linked though.

Hmmm, I heard somewhere that too many credit transfers are bad for your credit rating. But then again, so are lots of things.

Yay the film!

-Irene

kenny r said...

Thanks for the comments, Irene. (mine) isn't linke b/c my web host is having problems and I could'nt upload the pic. Grr. Check back later.

You're right about too many transfers. But I think 1 or 2 a year is ok.