Sunday, September 04, 2005

Sugar Rush


Is it wrong of me to do this? I've been known to do some"fun" things with foodies, like I never grew out of childhood habits of putting potato chips or Doritos® on sandwiches. Even though I've been an adult for oh, 2 weeks now, it still seems to improve the taste of the sandwich.

My latest food experiment (foodsperiment) involves Rice Kripsies Treats®. Rice Krispies Treats of course, are those delicious snack squares made with Kellog's Rice Krispies®, marshmallows and margarine. You can make your own but I recently found a giant box of 40 pre-packaged bars at Costco. 40! My parents love them after all. (Sometimes my dad eats ice cream or some kind of pastry instead of a regular meal. He's 97.)

I like to eat cereal for breakfast and sometimes I have a nice bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats® with Almonds. Just last week I got a bright idea: Since Rice Krispies Treats are made out of cereal, why not break up one of those squares and toss it in the bowl with the Honey Bunches of Oats? So I tried it and it was delicious! It's my new cereal treat. I know they already have Rice Krispies Treats cereal. I havent tried it but I bet that boxed stuff doesn't have nearly as much sugar! So now I have a new cereal version to add to my morning menu. Oo! I bet this same idea would work great with Reeses® Puffs®!

This week at AM I refined last week's blocking. The assignment was to do 100 frames of Stewie going through a single change of mood/emotion. I had some cool ideas for a "devastated" Stewie, mainly some cool camera stuff, since we're starting to get into lessons about camera use, but I decided I would need more time--to do the assignment as well as more frames. I settled on having Stewie react in jubilation after reading a letter. Not that creative, but all I felt I had time for.

The past two weeks have been extra busy because I've been working on a freelance motion graphics job. I worked on it Wednesday thru Tuesday, which is extremely short to develop a show open, but it turned out okay and the client seemed to love it. Without any changes! When does that ever happen? I got lucky. Oh, crap I just remembered I have to send an invoice!

It's good to have work once in awhile but man, that sure adds to the stress of an already tight schedule. It's enough that I've contemplated dropping AM because I just don't feel I'm putting enough time into it to get the maximum out of it. But geez, when in the future would life be any less complicated than now? I wish I had more time for school, but I'm learning too much to quit.

No comments: