Friday, October 14, 2005

Let's Put In Twirly Arms




I've got a lot to do for this week's animation assignment before the Sunday deadline. I should be doing my first refining pass now, but I'm reblocking some areas based on my last mentor eCritique. Bill made some more suggestions last time, plus I totally spaced on Bishop's weight and balance; he takes two small steps and was way off balance! Ridiculous.

So earlier this week I switched all the keys back to stepped mode and started tweaking. At first it was not going too smooth but Thursday I was able to put in close to 7 hours and made good progress. Of course, while I was working some new ideas came to me. I decided to try to do some "twirly arms" stuff going into the pose for "suposubly". That meant I had to shoot some more reference. Above you can see 4 frames from the best take, with red arrows indicating motion direction. I also made a new set of planning sketches. Later I decided to have the screen-right arm spin the opposite way from my reference. I think that will look more fun. My concern is that I have a total of four ideas for two spots in the shot, and I can't get my mentor's feedback on either before the assignment is due. I guess I just have to use my own judgment and it will just be a surprise to Bill when he does the critique. I'll email him a headsup and maybe he'll have time to advise me before Sunday.

Life outside of AM has been pretty crazy this week. I'm not sure what to do about my mom...none of the current options are pleasant. Just gotta do whatever I can to make things better for her and my dad. And try to stay positive and keep myself healthy and sane. And finish AM homework. Ha!

1 comment:

anthea said...

twirly arms seem to be working for you, keep it up.