Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I Just Don't Know

I've had to all but abandon anything to do with animation assignments nearly the entire past six weeks of class. I'm not even able to watch the lectures anymore. It's no longer just a time thing (maybe I said that already, can't keep track). It's become practically impossible for me to do anything with my animated short 'cause of all kinds of poo that's going on in other areas. For example:

  • I am preparing for a hearing next week to ask that my dad's "share of cost", which turns up as a deduction that cuts my paycheck by half (and which I still get taxed on!) be eliminated or reduced.
  • I only received 1/4 the wages I earned in July because of a government error. Still have not received a call-back about when I can expect a correction.
  • I've been alerted to a problem at the nursing home my where my mom is staying. Trying to get it resolved. This by itself is pretty stressful.
  • I have been planning to schedule a checkup with my doctor, and finally got the time to do so. But last week my health benefits were terminated because my dad's case worker at IHSS and Kaiser took too much time getting forms handled. This was after I spent numerous hours and miles of driving to do my part to meet a deadline. Looking into the issue, I have learned no one can be held accountable for causing me so much grief.
  • I had to write a letter requesting a Board Appeal after I received an unfavorable decision ten days earlier in an appeal in which I was denied unemployment benefits because I take care of my dad 24/7.
  • I did not receive any of my wages for April through June because of an oversight by my dad's IHSS caseworker. Still have not got a call-back regarding the snafu.

This is just a small sample. There is some good news at least. My dad's meds seem to be helping him. My mom had some visitors recently--besides me and my dad--which cheered her up at least at the time.

2 comments:

bobby casumbal said...

yo kenny, sorry to hear about what's going on. hang in there man. ya know, sketching is so theaputic in times of stress. i'm wishing you the best, and am definitely send some positive vibes up north :)

kenny r said...

thanks man! I'll have to try some sketching.