Thursday, April 26, 2007

Partial Vindication Afoot?

My Medi-Cal/IHSS battle has been brutal. it has been a road of sharp rocks and deep mud, thorns and rotting carcasses, and I have traveled it almost entirely alone since literally no person or advocate I have contacted has actually done anything to help, save for a couple. It added pressure and stress to an already overwhelming responsiblity to my parents, obliterated important financial and career goals, and it's been hell.

But there is something of possible good that may be starting to emerge from the stench of it all. If I am correct there will be a (small) degree of vindication, or relief greater than what the original "best case" outcome was expected to be. It won't make up for the abuse I've been subjected to, but it's a little extra which helps. I'll take it! And this will be in addition to the deal mentioned in my previous post.

I don't mean to be cryptic about it, I just don't want to celebrate prematurely. Nothing is yet confirmed. I received some new information in the post today that could be great if it goes through as it appears. I've been wrong before, since the government tends to work in senseless, illogical ways sometimes, so I'm just "cautiously optimistic" about it. It's nothing "huge" but then, coming out of this at all positive is huge.

Then maybe this can be the start of getting on with things and it won't be so long that I can return to animating!

Stay tuned.