Wednesday, December 05, 2007

What Happens When You Use A DVR

It's been at least 4 years since my VCR died. I hesitated to buy another VCR, refusing to invest in an outdated technology. I don't watch a huge amount of tv, but there are shows I like. During this time I either had to miss shows or watch what my friends recorded. Gah. What I needed was a Digital Video Recorder, but simple, inexpensive DVRs were not available. I still don't know why. Eventually TiVo became popular, but when my cable provider finally offered TiVo, it was only the bare-bones older model and I didn't want to lease it for the price they wanted. Finally a couple of weeks ago my provider started offering a DVR for a decent price.

I picked one up, and it turns out to be FREE for a couple of months while the cable company sorts out some issues. I've been trying it out and it makes life easier not to have to work around tv schedules. (I usually would miss shows rather than not get important or fun things done, btw, now I can do both. Yay! I think. This is new.) There are other benefits, too. As I was flying through some comercials somehow...I DON'T KNOW HOW...I happened to catch a glimpse of a familiar face, fast forwarding at 300x: MY DOG IN A TV COMMERCIAL!

Ok, it was NOT actually my dog...but it looks just like him! See the Spanish version of the commercial here.

No comments: