Monday, June 27, 2005

Walk On Grass


The party at Brian's was great. There was a great turnout and Brian and his wife Sue made some delicious eats, most notably four flavors of homemade ice cream! Woo! It was great to hang out with fellow Spring 05 mentees face to face again, and meet some who missed the last gathering at Pera in April, or who I didn't get to talk to last time. Again I felt myself wishing everyone from AM around the world could have made it! The weather turned out to be great, too. Too bad I forgot my camera...I was 30 minutes from home when I realized I didn't have it. Luckily Brian and Niem (I think) had cameras, Brian's already got some posted on his blog.

Glad I was able to make it to the party in Antioch, about 70 miles from Sacramento. My niece, Darcy had agreed to stop by to check on my parents sometime in the afternoon. Another family member also agreed, but never showed up. Luckily my mom and dad made it okay with no disasters.

Sunday I had to get up early to make some adjustments to my assignment and upload it. My mom had an appointment for a CT scan and mixing and scheduling the barium liquid she was required to drink for prep cut into my time. Is it really OK to drink barium? Guess so. Around the same time my brother showed up and I had to talk to him about our plans for our mother. My mom was having serious problems as well and I missed the noon assignment upload cutoff by just a minute or two. I posted it to my Public Review area instead of the Assignment slot, and also emailed it to my mentor. I hope he got it.

In between the two medical appointments my mom has today I had a chance to shoot some reference footage of myself for this week's assignment. My little dog Cisco followed me along the mow strip...he doesn't like to walk in the grass anymore for some dumb, doggie reason. Check out the crappy-rez picture my digital camera does for movie files! At least it's better than my web cam. Next I'll sit down and sketch and time it all out. I needed to see some actual reference since acting it out didn't give me the whole picture. Much of what I'd done for last week's assignment was based on guesswork. The reference should help out quite a bit.

Why doesn't my dog want to walk on the grass?

No comments: