Friday, September 16, 2005

Not Exactly a Break

This past week has been a break between classes at AnimationMentor, a chance to catch up on personal odds and ends, de-stress and get ready for Class 3, Introduction to Acting, which starts Monday. At least that was the idea.

The week started off okay enough. My mom seemed fine on Sunday, well enough she wanted me to take her to the store. Her health problems have gotten a little worse over the past two weeks but Sunday I thought maybe she might be improving again. She had a lot of trouble the rest of the week, though. I never know what to expect. Thursday my parents got into a big argument that I had to break up. Jeez, this is kinda like having kids. I thought everything was settled when I stepped out with a friend later in the afternoon. While I was out, I missed a call from my mom on my cell. When I checked the message she left the first few seconds were all I needed to hear; my mom was frantic and it sounded like she and my dad were arguing again. I told my friend we had to go and ran to the car!

Luckily, when I got home I got my parents calmed down and no one had been physically hurt. But it is clear I might not be able to leave them alone with each other when I go out on errands or such. There's no immediate solution, and it's very likely one of them might have live elsewhere, which sucks. I'll have to start making phone calls Monday, right when classes recommence.

Early this week I also had to stop interacting with a longtime friend whose recent behavior, though primarily supportive, was inadvertently causing me a lot of extra stress that I am not able to deal with right now. The final straw came this week when s/he deliberately caused a rift between me and another person. This is not something I am happy to do--every friend I have is highly valued--but this person's actions were inexcusable and at this time I'm at a loss for any other solution. I don't know if this is a permanent change or not, I just know it was interfering too much with my staying positive with everything that's going on around me.

1 comment:

kenny r said...

thanks for the comments matt. You look ready for some serious winter in your avatar photo!

AM itself is a good escape but trying to manage the time for assignments sometimes isn't. Looking fwd to the new class starting now! Should be fun.