Thursday, March 02, 2006

Fence




Good grief! The huge storm we had last month tore up our fence, which is more than 20 years old. 60mph- gusts had pushed the rainsoaked fence to a 45-degree lean into our yard, threatening my dad's rose bushes and a yellow flower I planted last year for my mom. I had gone out in the extreme rain and propped up the fence with whatever wood stakes and metal rods I could find that my dad had laying around. The fence hadn't fallen all the way and a few weeks ago when a contractor came to make measurements he had propped the fence upright. After another heavy but shorter storm Wednesday night, the fence collapsed at 2:30 this morning the other way. Luckily the neigbors didn't have any plants along their side of the fence to be squished. Fortunately, my mom's yellow flower plant was not injured.

No comments: