Friday, March 17, 2006

Playing Catch Up

It's been a crazy, stressful few weeks and this morning around 2am I finally got my 409 assignment done, a full 6 days late. Instead of continuing to refine the shots I worked on for week 407, I decided it would be a good idea to refine shots 1 and 2. There are some things I'd like to refine further, especially Green's lip sync. I've been having a hard time making the mouth do exactly what I want, so that is something I'll have to work on mastering. I had Tan animated to a degree, but after changes I didn't get him out of "swimmy" stage this week so I just have him hold in the second shot for now. I thought it would be too distracting. From here on out I will probably be intensely focussing on shots 3 & 4, though time-permitting I would also like to turn in finals of 1 & 2.

So yeah, life has been nuts. At least I'm finally getting some help. Of course, even that has complications because of well-intended yet seriously stupid laws. My quest for tax and IHSS trouble has finally led me to someone who is actually helping me instead of just giving me the phone number of yet another person to call. This person admitted my problem might not be fully fixable without changing some federal or state laws! But at least there might be some kind of workaround. For now that's enough to relieve just a bit of the stress.

3 comments:

anthea said...

wah! I want to see your animation WIP but I can't view it from work on a linux cause of that new codec you are using. are sorensons so bad???

kenny r said...

Aw, sorry Anthea. Yeah, with the QT h.264 settings on this clip it's super small but looks betta. Maybe I'll make a sorensen on one of the next ones. Wonder why there's no h.264 for linux. Thanks for stopping by anyway. :)

anthea said...

I think linux doesn't get updated as quick with the quicktime settings. At Disney we use linux and Sony does also, so that means no one from those places will be able to view your test animations from work...just my 2 cents on the subject, I really miss being able to look at everyone's blogs so many people are using the new codec and I can't view their stuff.