Wednesday, September 20, 2006

That's More Like It!

The tv commercial I worked on in May has been on air for a while so now I can finally post the red bag animation I did for SureWest! The most fun part of this freelance job was animating the floppy handles. I think I got them a bit too "rubber bandy" in spots, but that's okay. Client liked it. I was so excited because this was my first ever freelance character job. Woo! I'm only showing what I worked on here, which was used for the intro and outro of the spot. It's not perfect, so let me know your notes for the next time I do a paper sack!

I totally lucked out with the bike. It was a big bummer the mountain bike I wanted was out of stock, but I convinced the guy at the bike shop to give me the same deal on a better one, with components that are quite a few steps higher than my original choice. I'm still recovering from my crash, so I can't ride for reals yet, but I did get on (with helmet) and spin around the court in front of my house. I noticed the pain in my right wrist after only a few minutes with my weight on the handlebars, so it will be a while before I can go for a serious ride (plus I have to work up to it). I have never owned a "real" bike before, so this is a serious upgrade, and will probably last years (if dogs stay out from under my wheels!). After the let down with the other bike this is more like it!

2 comments:

bobby casumbal said...

awesome work kenny! congrats on your recent good fortune... and keeping positive. now, onto your recovery! peace!

Sara Wade said...

Yaay!

I saw your red bag on television and I was all "HEY! Kenny did that!"